Fish cannot be shipped with Products. We will not compromise the safety of the fish by trying to put a product in the same box. Besides, at the cost of Overnight, it's much less expensive to ship them separately most of the time. If you order products with fish, the products will be shipped separately by the least expensive method.
We never ship a fish order without confirming your availability to receive them on the expected day of arrival. When choosing the shipping option 'Next Day', it does not mean you will receive the fish the day after the order is placed. Fish have to be fasted (not fed) before shipping, the weather has to be appropriate, arrangements have to be made and there has to be an opening in our packing schedule for your order. All this can take 24-48 hours or longer before we even contact you to arrange a shipping date. We ship Monday through Wednesday. You receive them the following day. If you want a Friday or Saturday delivery, and UPS is late, then you don't get them until Monday. That is at your risk.
- UPS Next Day: Next Day means that you receive them the day after we ship, not the day after you order. Depending on many factors, it can be several days before they are shipped. Next-Day is always the best choice and far easier on the fish than any other method. We also guarantee live delivery with Next Day (unless we inform you in advance that we can't on your order). These can be sent to your door, unless the weather is very poor or if you are very rural. Then we may request that you pick them up at the nearest UPS Customer Center. The advantage picking the fish up at UPS is that you do not have to wait for the driver to show up - which may be very late in the day and it is by far the least stressful way for the fish. Next-Day orders are shipped Mon-Thurs with delivery the following day. Any fish that are dead on arrival will be replaced or refunded. Shipping costs are not refunded and you have to pay the shipping costs if you want fish reshipped.
- 2nd Day Air AM: This option will only appear if your shipping address is a commercial address and the weather is suitable here. If you put a UPS Customer Center address into the shopping cart, this shipping option will be available during the appropriate times of the year. Just like with Next-Day, this option does not mean you get the fish 2 days after ordering. It will be two days after we ship.
- 2nd Day Air: We only offer this during the warmer summer months. 2nd Day means that you receive them two days after we ship, not two days after you order. Depending on many factors, it can be several days before they are shipped. 2nd Day is not the best choice, but we will guarantee live delivery with 2nd Day on most orders (unless we inform you in advance that we can't on your order). These can be sent to your door, but it is far better that you pick them up at the nearest UPS Customer Center. The advantage picking the fish up at UPS is that you do not have to wait for the driver to show up - which may be very late in the day and it is by far the least stressful way for the fish. 2nd Day orders are shipped Mon-Wed with delivery two days later. Any fish that are dead on arrival will be replaced or refunded. Shipping costs are not refunded and you have to pay the shipping costs if you want fish reshipped.
- Priority Mail: You will not find this option for fish during checkout. You have to request this by email in advance if you want to use this service. From our rural location, this service is very risky, and Live delivery is NOT guaranteed with this service. Priority Mail is also not guaranteed to arrive by a particular day. We are shipping from a rural spot in NY and it can take anywhere from 1 to 5 days to arrive. We've even seen it take longer in some situations. Please let us know in the comments section when checking out if you want this service and we will refund the difference in price. Picking the package up at the P.O. is much easier on the fish than shipping to your door. The hardest part of the trip is the long, unprotected ride to your door, so avoid that at all costs with Priority mail.
- International Orders: We no longer ship int'l orders. US Fish & Wildlife is too restrictive for us to do it from our location. If you have a transhipper in the U.S. who will forward the fish to you, we can ship to them. If you are in Canada, and you can get over the border, you can pick up at the nearest UPS Customer Center.
- UPS Customer Centers: You can go here to check delivery times, track your fish or find a pickup location. It is always easiest on the fish to pick them up as soon as they arrive at UPS. If you have them delivered to your door. You must wait around for the driver to deliver them and that could be anytime from about 8:30 am until 9:00 pm. Most find it more convenient to just pick them up early and get it over with. We do not guarantee fish that are not picked up within 2 hours of when they are available. If you can pick them up at UPS, then put "UPS Customer Center" in the delivery address of the shopping cart when checking out. The UPS Store locations are also an option for pickup, but be aware that they usually charge extra for pickup, unless you have an account there. They are independent franchises and not part of UPS. You need to call them to arrange any pickups before the fish are shipped or they may send them back to us.
- Shipping Address: It is very important to carefully give us the full legal address for delivery. We have to know if it's a "street, road, ave, blvd," etc. If there is a building #, apt # or Suite # it has to be on the package. It has to be spelled correctly. The zip code has to be correct. UPS will charge $18.00 to correct any of these that is missing or not the legal address given by the Post Office - even if they can deliver it without problem. This charge will be passed on to you. Besides, you do not want live fish delayed for such an easy reason to avoid.
- Order cancellation: Before ordering be sure you want the items. If you cancel an order before it is shipped, there will be a 5% fee to cover credit card and PayPal fees that we must still pay.