Antibiotic I: Designed to primarily stop infections from gram-negative bacteria. We use our Vitamin Flake for the base formula on this flake. The extra vitamins and minerals are important for a fish stressed by bacteria. Feed this food exclusively for 10 days.
Active ingredient: Kanamycin Sulfate. Now contains beta glucan. Kanamycin Sulfate is water soluble, so the 10-second feeding method is a must. We recommend feeding our Prevent & Recover Flake for 1 week after the medicated feeding is discontinued. For ornamental fish use only.
Antibiotic II: To compliment our other antibiotic flake, this one attacks gram-positive bacteria. Since your nitrifying bacteria are also gram-positive, using medicated flake is by far the best way to combat this type of bacteria. Feed this food exclusively for 10 days.
Active ingredient: Oxytetracycline Hydrochloride. Also with beta glucan for immune boosting. Oxytetracycline Hydochloride is water soluble, so the 10-second feeding method is a must (See Article section of Tabs). We recommend feeding our Prevent & Recover Flake for 1 week after the medicated feeding is discontinued. For ornamental fish use only.If you do not see a box with Tabs below it means your display is too small for this feature to work. For this additional information you should view this on a device with a larger display.
Click on this link to learn more about feeding medicated fish foods.
It is a good idea to get the fish accustomed to our flakes if you haven't been feeding them, before offering the medicated flake. The medication doesn't taste the best and many fish will ignore it, unless they are very accustomed to the base flake. We recommend you get the fish eating either our Freshwater Flake or The Works Flake very well, before attempting to feed the medicated flake. Making it a part of their diet for a couple feedings each week, will give you the best chance of getting your fish to eat the medicated flake vigorously.
Properly treating diseased fish is one of the most difficult things a hobbyist can do. Most bacteria and internal parasites are best treated from inside the fish. Freshwater fish do not drink. They take in water through osmosis, which does not allow medication to enter. Therefore, putting the medication in the water has little effect, unless you're treating for an external parasite or a body fungus. The best route for a hobbyist to take, is to use a medicated food. This gets the medication inside the fish, where it can do its work. We have developed a treatment system that will enable hobbyist to become much more successful at treating their fish.
Please enter your full name when making a comment.